Sunday, January 4, 2015

From the Portals of a New Year

And I said, ‘This is my anguish;
But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.’
I will remember the works of the Lord;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will also meditate on all Your work,
And talk of all your deeds.
Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary;
Who is so great a God as our God?
You are the God who does wonders;
You have declared Your strength among the peoples.
You have with Your arm redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph.” -Psalm 77:10-15, NKJV

From the portals of this new year
I lift eyes to vales unknown
Knowing that what lies before me
Is beyond the light yet shown.

But I walk trustingly toward the future
Fearing not days yet veiled in shade;
For the Lord who spoke and daylight
Flooded earth still holds firmly what He made.

I can worry, fret and wonder,
Fill days with life’s uncertainties;
Or I can trust and with expectancy
Face the future confidently and free.

He ordained that I have perception,
Be aware of pitfalls, walk in narrow ways;
I rejoice in a year with new direction,
For this additional span lent to my days.

Where I walk in paths I travel
May they be labeled righteousness and love,
Following signs of humility and determination
As I draw closer to my home above.

In this new year with its challenges
I shall walk each day in pathways of light,
Not of my own making but ever augmented
By my Lord who lends me sight.
-Ethelene Dyer Jones
01.04.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment