Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Lord My Keeper: My Litany of Praise

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth…
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. -Psalm 121:2, 5 (ESV).

What an incomprehensible thought:
God who made heaven and earth,
Wo lifted the mountains above the valleys,
Who bounded the waves of the seas,
Who strung the stars in galaxies unnumbered,
Who made the dry land and peopled the forests with animals,
Who created mankind and gave him dominion and power over the Creation,
Even He, the Maker of all, even He is my keeper,
My shade upon my right hand,
My Companion, my Savior, my Friend.

He, Creator, Lord, is never too busy to hear me when I call,
Never too remote to be concerned for my welfare,
Never too busy to radiate care and concern
In infinite ways beyond numbering.

How can my heart respond on this another day
He has given me in which to rejoice and be glad?

With gratitude:
Thanksgiving wells up like an overflowing fountain.
His provision eradicates all thirst and want.
With gladness:
Joy unspeakable and full of glory fills my cup
And praise wells up in a soul overflowing.
With awe:
He is Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
He neither slumbers nor sleeps and is near to observe
My going out and my coming in, from henceforth, forevermore!

The Maker of heaven and earth is my helper.
He is my keeper and guides me with His mighty hand. Selah!
-Ethelene Dyer Jones 07.31.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment