Sunday, February 19, 2017

Creator God Knows Each of Us

A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of birth.”- Ecclesiastes 7:1 (ESV)

To be known and loved by God who created each of us is an assurance almost beyond comprehension. But God knows each of us, His children, and calls us by name. I share today an original poem:

God Knows My Name

Fear not, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by your name, for you are Mine.” -Isaiah 43:1.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands.” – Isaiah 49:16a.
Thou shalt be called by a new name which the mouth of the Lord shall name.” -Isaiah 62:2b (KJV)

Astounding knowledge, God knows my name!
Creator of the Universe, forever the same:
Maker of galaxies, Lord of the sea,
Sustainer of all things knows even me!

Before the world was He knew my frame;
Knew when I would live, gave me a name.
Underneath to protect me His everlasting arm;
He loves me, directs me, secures me from harm.

One day in eternity my new name I’ll bear,
Called by my Savior in tones sweet and clear;
Come,” He will say, “Golden streets walk down.
Adore God the Father, receive your own crown!”

Matchless the majesty, the paeans of praise
As that new name I’ll bear through unnumbered days.
While on earth may I travel as one with a claim
To enter His Kingdom and receive my new name!
--Ethelene Dyer Jones

(I composed this poem October 11, 1996 and since have shared it with many. The most recent sharing [besides today’s] was in the Memorial Service program folder for dear friend Wilbur Dalton Smith [August 21, 1925-February 13, 2017] on Friday, February 17, 2017 in a “Celebration of Life” service at First Baptist Church, Illegible, Ga. Praise God, he rests in peace because his faith was firmly anchored in the Lord. Selah!) - Ethelene Dyer Jones 02.19.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment