Saturday, September 28, 2019

“My Life Message”

Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you; but do it with gentleness and respect. -1 Peter 3:15b-16 (TEV)

God made you to be a member of His family; a model of His character; a magnifier of His glory; a minister of His grace; and a messenger of His good news to others.” -Rick Warren in The Purpose-Driven Life, p. 295.
God wants to say something to the world through me.” -Warren, ibid. p. 296.

M My life message, uniquely mine,
Y Yielded to God, a gift divine.

L Life’s lessons learned, I gladly share
I Insights and wisdom gained through prayer.
F Finite, this message is to be shared on earth,
E Encouraging others to seek the new birth.

M Message, meant to be shared, to be told,
E Essential for a Christian who must be bold,
S Stating how God has worked in a life,
S Showing how God leads through triumph and strife.
A Always telling the good news again,
G Goal: To get others a new life to begin;
E Expressing gladness as the message goes out;
Helping others to believe and not to doubt.

A Prayer for Sharing My Life Message:
Lord, Make me available to people and their needs.
Rekindle my passion for souls so that I can witness to Jesus’s saving power.
As David of old, I pray: “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with Thy Spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways, and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.”
Yes, Lord, “Renew a right spirit within me.” Amen. (-Psalm 51:10; 12-13)

-Georgianne ETHELENE Dyer Jones
Composed February 6, 2004; revised Septemberr 28, 2019

(After reading Chapter 37, “Sharing Your Life Message” in Rick Warren’s book, THE PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIF. Nashville: Zondervan, 2002.)

No comments:

Post a Comment